A hold locker is a self-service locker system that allows patrons to check out items they have placed on hold in a convenient, contact free method. GRPL’s hold lockers are available for use anytime at our Ottawa Hills, Seymour, and West Side Branch locations.
Here’s how to use a Hold Locker:
- Place library materials on hold through GRPL’s online catalog or by calling 616-988-5400 option 4.
You will be able to select your pickup location as Ottawa Hills hold locker, Seymour hold locker, or West Side hold locker.
- Wait until you receive a notification that your hold is available for pickup. When it is available, you will have six days to get your items before they are returned to the shelf.
- Go to the hold lockers location where you requested your items. Scan your library card or type in your library barcode and follow the directions on the screen. In order to pick up your holds from the locker, you must have your library card number with you.
- A locker will open and automatically check out your materials for you.
- Gather your items, close the locker door, and enjoy your materials.
- When you are finished with your materials, please return them to any GRPL book drop. Please do not put returns in the hold lockers.
- The service is for hold pickups.
- In order to pick up your holds from the lockers, you must have your library card number with you.
- Once your holds are ready for pickup, you will have 6 days to get your items before they are returned to the shelf.
- Hotspots and MeLCat are not available for pickup using the hold locker.
We are more than happy to help. Please see a staff member or please email email@example.com or call 616-988-5400, option 2 when you place your hold requests to alert staff to your needs and we will make the necessary accommodations.
No. All items held in your locker will be checked out to you. If you no longer need an item, please return it to a GRPL drop box.
If the library is closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-988-5400, option 2 and we will contact you as soon as possible. If the library is open please visit the Customer Service Desk for help.
The hold on your items expires and the items are removed from the locker. Expired holds are cleared on a daily basis and are final.
Unfortunately, GRPL is unable to give out library card numbers over the phone. You are able to view your library card number in your online account. If you have lost your card, register for a new one by filling out this online form or by stopping into any of our locations with photo ID and proof of address. If you’ve downloaded the GRPL App, you can scan the barcode on file.