Check It Out! Circulating Memberships
Check It Out! Circulating Memberships
Use your library card to check out passes to area attractions or tickets to performing arts venues.
The Grand Rapids Public Library has partnered with area attractions to provide our patrons with the opportunity to use their library card to check out a pass to area museums, zoos, and botanical gardens. Occasionally, local performing arts venues provide tickets for GRPL card holders to check out. These passes and tickets have been generously donated by these organizations so that arts, cultural, and recreational activities can be enjoyed by all of Grand Rapids.
– You must have a Grand Rapids Public Library card to check out a pass or tickets. Card holders from other library districts are not eligible.
– The pass entitles up to 6 people to visit the organization one time for free. The pass must be used within 6 days of being checked out. The number of guests eligible per pass may vary by organization.
– You can only have 1 pass checked out at a time. Once you check out a pass, you cannot check out a pass to the same organization again for 1 year. You will, however, be able to check out a pass to another organization.
– You must check out a pass or ticket in person at any of the 8 Grand Rapids Public Library locations. They are available on a first come, first served basis. Holds cannot be placed on passes.
– Present the pass to the admissions desk at the participating organization. Passes cannot be renewed or exchanged. They have no cash value.
– Tickets are valid only for the date of the event and are not transferable and cannot be resold or exchanged.
– Because of the popularity of the Check It Out: Circulating Membership Program, we limit families to 1 check out per organization per year.
Tickets to area attractions
Check out a pass and bring up to 6 people to enjoy your visit to one of these attractions:
– Blandford Nature Center
– Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
– Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
– Grand Rapids Art Museum
– Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
– Grand Rapids Public Museum
– John Ball Zoo
Tickets to performing arts & sports venues
Occasionally, local performing arts and sports venues provide tickets for Grand Rapids Public Library card holders to check out. These tickets are usually available in pairs and the circulating membership restrictions apply to performing arts tickets also.
– Circle Theatre
– Grand Rapids Civic Theatre
– Grand Rapids Ballet
– Grand Rapids Gold
– Grand Rapids Griffins
– Grand Rapids Symphony, opens a new window
– Opera Grand Rapids
– St. Cecilia Music Center
– Wealthy Theatre
Discounts with Your Library Card
Library Nights with the Grand Rapids Griffins
For all Wednesday and Sunday games during the Grand Rapids Griffins’ 2023-24 regular season, present your Grand Rapids Public Library card at the Van Andel Arena box office on the night of the game or at The Zone anytime during the store’s regular business hours to purchase tickets.
– $14 Upper Level Faceoff ticket (regularly $16 advance/$19 day of game)
– $17 Upper Level Center Ice ticket (regularly $19 advance/$22 day of game)
– $20 Lower Level Faceoff ticket (regularly $22 advance/$25 day of game)
Limit two tickets per card per person, subject to availability. For schedule information, visit griffinshockey.com.
Michigan Activity Pass
Grand Rapids Public Library patrons can print a pass to one of many state parks, historic sites, cultural attractions, campgrounds and recreation areas throughout the state. Some cultural partners offer complimentary or reduced price admission; others, discounts in their gift shop or other exclusive offers for MAP holders only. Each Michigan Activity Pass expires within one week from the date it is printed. To take advantage of this statewide initiative, visit the Michigan Activity Pass website.