Hotspot Lending Program
Getting free, unlimited Internet access is easier than ever with GRPL’s hotspot lending program.
Hotspots allow GRPL library card holders to easily get online using a Wi-Fi-enabled device such as a phone, tablet or laptop. No library card? Apply for a card online.
Hotspots are available to check out from any Grand Rapids Public Library location. You must be 18 years or older to check one out and be a resident of Grand Rapids.
- Hotspots check out for 6 weeks, with 2 (3 week) renewals if there are not any holds on it.
- You can have only one hotspot checked out on your account at a time.
- Up to 10 devices can be connected to a hotspot at the same time.
- Hotspots can be picked up and returned to the Customer Service Desk/Walk-Up Window at any Grand Rapids Public Library location.
- When picking up a hotspot, you must be 18 or older, have a valid GRPL library card, and show a current photo ID with proof of address. You will need to sign a waiver the first time you check out a hotspot.
- Hotspots will be deactivated 72 hours after the due date.
- You will be held responsible for the full replacement cost of the hotspot ($95.00) if it is not returned within 30 days of the due date .
- Simple instructions are included with each hotspot.
Need assistance with your hotspot? Please check out our video tutorial, hotspot instructions, and troubleshooting tips. You can also speak with a staff member by calling 616.988.5400, option 4.