Mission, Vision, Values
Our Mission Statement
Connecting people to the transforming power of knowledge.
Our Vision Statement
The Grand Rapids Public Library is our community’s foremost source for information, viewpoints, resources, and programs.
We are free, welcoming, flexible, and empowering. We inspire the public’s trust through strong library service, transparent accountability, sound financial stewardship, and sustained productive partnerships.
Our Value Statements
- That an open and free library is fundamental to a free society
- In literacy and life long learning
- In the value of the life of the mind
- Innovation, imagination, and creativity
- Excellent service
- Responsiveness to community needs
- Wise use of resources and operational excellence
- Flexibility, cooperation, and open communication