Facility Rentals & Meeting Spaces
Facility Rentals & Meeting Spaces
Reserving a Room at the Library
If you are interested in reserving a room at the library for your educational, cultural, or community event, please read GRPL’s Room Guidelines, opens a new window.
Room reservation requests should be submitted for each term starting on the date designated in the Room Guidelines. All room reservations must be submitted two weeks prior to the event/rental date. For questions or to reserve a room at the library, contact the Business Office at 616.988.5409 or email email@example.com.
- Library facilities may be used for activities not sponsored or administered by the Grand Rapids Public Library when those activities are educational, cultural, or for the betterment of the community.
- Library facilities are available to non-profit and for-profit organizations for meetings and programs but are not to be used for business development, sales, or commercial activities.
- Library facilities are not available for social events such as showers, birthday parties, weddings and receptions, or private receptions.
- All activities must be free to attend and such use shall not include distribution of literature, solicitation for memberships, and/or payment of dues.
Level 3 | Main Library | 111 Library Street NE | 49503
- Large auditorium with raised stage area and adjustable lighting
- Special features: Part of the original 1904 Ryerson Library building with beautiful arched windows and intricate crown moulding
- Available to be arranged in Board Room (40 people), Classroom (40 people), Small Group (64 people), U-Shaped (40 people), and Theater style (140 people) layouts
- Available equipment included with rental: Podium, computer station & laptop, projector & screen, microphones, sound board, and tables & chairs.
- Rate: $325 (4 hours or less) + $75 for each additional hour or partial hour not to exceed $625
Vander Veen Center for the Book
Level 4 | Main Library | 111 Library Street NE | 49503
- Round room with windows facing Fountain Street Church
- Special features: Cabinets displaying archival material
- Available to be arranged in Board Room (12 people), Classroom Facing Screen (16 people), Classroom Facing Window (12 people), and Theater style (40 people) layouts
- Available equipment: Monitor/display for presentation, laptop, and tables & chairs
- Rate: $100 (4 hours or less) + $25 for each additional hour or partial hour
Parking is free at all eight GRPL branches and for all library events. At the Main Library, two hours of free parking is available during the week in the lot next to the library. Parking rates during the week cost $1.10 per half hour after the first two hours.
On the weekend, parking at the Main Library is free all day with a validated ticket. Bring your parking ticket inside the Main Library to have it validated.
Yes! Enjoy activities and events from May – October on the lawn of select GRPL branches. From book clubs to storytimes, participate in outdoor activities at our Yankee Clipper Branch and Seymour Branch.
Our outdoor spaces feature extended seating, WiFi, and games available for use during your visit.
We do! There is a quiet study room available at most GRPL locations for distraction-free studying or work.
Drop by any location or call to reserve a space for up to one hour.
You can also enjoy a Solo Space on the Lower Level of the Main Library. A Solo Space is the perfect spot to enjoy quiet work or study time, meet remotely with colleagues, or take a phone call. Solo Spaces can be reserved for up to 1 hour at a time and are first come, first served.