Circulating memberships to area attractions
The Grand Rapids Public Library has partnered with area attractions to provide our patrons with the opportunity to use their library card to check outa membership to area museums, zoos and botanical gardens.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- John Ball Zoo
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
Tickets to performing arts venues
Occasionally, local performing arts venues such as the Grand Rapids Symphony, Opera Grand Rapids and local theatre groups provide tickets for Grand Rapids Public Library card holders to check out. These tickets are available in pairs and the circulating membership restrictions apply to performing arts tickets as well.
- Circle Theatre
- Grand Rapids Civic Theatre
- Grand Rapids Griffins
- Grand Rapids Symphony
- Opera Grand Rapids
- A patron must have a Grand Rapids Public Library card to check out a membership. Card holders from other library districts are not eligible.
- The membership entitles up to 6 people to visit the organization one time for free. The membership must be used within 6 days of being checked out.
- A patron can only have one membership at a time. Once a patron checks out a membership, they will not be eligible to check out a membership to the same organization again for one year. They will, however, be able to check out a membership to another organization.
- A patron must check out a membership in person at any of the eight Grand Rapids Public Library locations. Memberships are available on a first come, first served basis. Holds cannot be placed on a membership.
- A patron must present the membership voucher they receive to the admissions desk at the participating organization. Memberships cannot be renewed or exchanged. They have no cash value.
- Tickets are valid only for the date of the event and are not transferable and cannot be resold or exchanged.
- Because of the popularity of the Check It Out: Circulating Membership program, we limit families to one check out of each type of membership per year.
Library Nights with the Grand Rapids Griffins
For every Wednesday home game during the Grand Rapids Griffins’ regular season, present your Grand Rapids Public Library card at the Van Andel Arena box office on the night of the game or at The Zone anytime during the store’s regular business hours to purchase either an Upper Level ticket for $14 (regularly $16 advance and $19 day of game) or a Lower Level Faceoff ticket for $18 (regularly $20 in advance and $23 day of game).
Limit four tickets per card per person, subject to availability. For schedule information, visit griffinshockey.com.