Your Guide to Our New Catalog
Creating a New Catalog Account
The first time you log into our new catalog, you’ll be asked to register. This one-time registration requires you to create a unique username.
- Visit www.grpl.bibliocommons.com
- Click Log In / My GRPL at the top right corner of the browser.
- Type in your current GRPL username or barcode and your password.
- You will be prompted to set up your account. This includes creating a unique username.
- You can log in to the new catalog one of three ways.
- Your barcode + password
- Your old username + password
- Your new username + password
Our new catalog has plenty of new features. These guides will help you find where items are located:
Why do I need a new username?
The new catalog is used by over 10 million people, and each one needs a unique username so they can publicly rate items, create and share lists, and write reviews. This new username functions as a profile name in the new catalog.
If you had a username in the old catalog, you can continue to use it to check out books, use the new catalog, and work on library computers.
What is always private?
Library account details, personal information, and borrowing history are never shared and are always private. Accounts of children under 13 subject to additional privacy protections.
What is public?
Only when you rate, comment, or add items to shelves and lists does it become public. You can change any of these to private at any time.
How do I make things private?
Find your privacy settings by logging into your account and going to My Settings – Privacy.