- Submit one unpublished poem via our Submittable portal.
- Note that your name should not appear anywhere on the uploaded document. This ensures blind judging.
- Submit one unpublished poem.
- Entry must be typed.
- Include division category, name, address, phone, e-mail, and title of the poem on a 3”x5” index card.
- Name should not appear on poem.
- If you want a receipt for your poem, enclose a sufficiently stamped Self-Addressed Envelope (SASE) Mail entries to the following address:
Grand Rapids Public Library
111 Library St NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Instructions for teachers submitting poems
- Teachers can mail multiple students‘ poems in one envelope.
- Make sure the student’s name does not appear on the poem. Staple a 3” x 5” card to each entry, with the following information: division category, student name, home address, phone, and email information for the parent, if appropriate. Please also include the title of the poem, and what Kent County school the child attends.
- Students may also submit their poems online through our Submittable portal.