COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
In the interest of public health, all GRPL locations are closed to the public with the intention of being closed for the foreseeable future. GRPL is following the City of Grand Rapids’ lead in our response to the coronavirus. We receive daily updates from city officials.
GRPL Digital Resources
Grand Rapids Public Library has plenty of digital materials to use whenever or wherever you may be. Check out our eBooks/Downloads page for ebooks, audiobooks, streaming movies, music and more.
Local Emergency Food Resources
- Boys & Girls Club of Grand Rapids
- Double Up Food Bucks
- Fair Food Network
- Feeding America
- Garfield Park Neighborhoods Association (GPNA)
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Community College
- God’s Kitchen
- Kent County Community Action
- Kent County Schools provinding
- Kids’ Food Basket
- LINC UP
- Meals on Wheels
- Meet Up and Eat Up
- New City Kids
- Northwest Food Pantry
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Program (P-EBT)
- The Revive & Thrive Project and Kitchen Sage
- SECOM Resource Center
- Senior Neighbors
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- YMCA + The Hispanic Center of West Michigan (English) and (Spanish)
Local Emergency Shelter Resources
- Bridge, Arbor Circle
- Community Rebuilders
- D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s
- Degage Ministries
- Legal Aid of West Michigan
- Heartside Ministries Mel Trotter Ministries
- Inner City Christian Federation (ICCF)
- Safe Haven Ministries
- Salvation Army’s Housing Assessment Program
- Street Reach
- Unlimited Alternatives
- YWCA WEGE Sojourner House
Local & Regional Support
- Asian Community Outreach
- WMCAT’s Guide to Resources in West MI During COVID-19
- Grand Rapids Mutual Aid Spreadsheet
- Kent County Essential Needs Task Force
- La Lucha Fund
- The Rapid
- Safe Haven & YWCA Domestic Violence Support
- The Salvation Army Emotional Support Hotline
- Women’s Resource Center
- YMCA Preschool Educational Programming
- Foundation Directory Online
*Temporary, remote access to the Foundation Directory Online Essential database is available during the Covid emergency.
- GROW COVID-19 Resources Page
- The Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Michigan Talent Connect
- SCORE – Grand Rapids
- The Small Business Adminstration – Disaster Loans
- Small Business Assistance Map
- State of Michigan COVID-19 Informational Site
- State of Michigan Government Information for Business from the MEDC
- The Right Place – Small Business Relief Grants
- West Michigan COVID-19 Business Coalition
- West Michigan Works – Jobseekers
- West Michigan Works – Employers
Public Health Information
Will I be charged late fees?
We are extending due dates and waiving all late fines while we are closed.
Should I return my materials during GRPL’s closure?
You can return your materials to any outside GRPL book drop starting June 8, 2020.
What will happen to my holds?
Holds ready for pick up will remain on the holds shelf for 6 days after the library opens.
I want to donate books to GRPL, when should I drop off materials?
Thanks for your donation! Please wait until we open to drop off any materials to GRPL.
Don’t have a library card? No worries, we can help.
During GRPL’s closure in response to COVID-19, we’re offering temporary e-cards to expand access to our digital resources. Access GRPL from home with a temporary e-card.
To receive a temporary e-card, you must be 18 older and live within the city limits of Grand Rapids.
Sign up by filling out the form below and staff will be in contact within 72 hours.