Woody Guthrie was born on July 14th, 100 years ago today, and there are lots of celebrations planned all over the world. The library has lots of material on Woody: books, movies, music. He lived a hard life, full of tragedy and contradictions, and he left an amazing legacy of songs for future generations. I’ve always marveled at the fact that people who aren’t exactly saints themselves have created some of the most beautiful and inspirational art that we have.
July 14, 2012 | Comments Off on Happy Birthday Woody!
Search the website
Recent Books, Movies, Music Posts
- Today and Tomorrow!: Elena & Sonia: Songs from Latin America and East Asia
- GR Reads: Summer Reading All Grown Up
- Raising Strong Black Men: A Response to Between the World and Me
- New ideas for your Book Club
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
View All Posts