Please join us on Wednesday, August 8, 2012 at 7 pm at the Main Library as Kendall College of Art & Design professor Suzanne Eberle will discuss the fascinating history of the wedding dress. She will explore the evolution of the white wedding dress, its cultural and social symbolism, and the changing styles that reflect both current fashion and a return to Victorian traditions. Did you know…prior to the Victorian era, a bride was married in any color, black being especially popular in Scandinavia?? Did you know… that the color white was intended to symbolize virginity, though this was not the original intention: it was the color blue that was connected to purity?? Shelley Becker Mueller will discuss her family’s tradition of selling bridal gowns at Becker’s Bridal. Wedding cake will be provided by Cakes Plus.
August 1, 2012 | Comments Off on White Wedding??
Search the website
Recent Books, Movies, Music Posts
- Today and Tomorrow!: Elena & Sonia: Songs from Latin America and East Asia
- GR Reads: Summer Reading All Grown Up
- Raising Strong Black Men: A Response to Between the World and Me
- New ideas for your Book Club
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
View All Posts