Tomorrow marks the Season 2 finale of Game of Thrones and I couldn’t be more excited. If you’ve read any of my previous posts then you know I’ve been a long time lover of George R.R.Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire series. I started reading them when I was in the seventh grade, which is most definitely to young for them (hey I was mature for my age!), so I’ve been waiting half my life for another book to come out. While there seems to be a minimum of a four year wait in between books the conception of the HBO series provided a nice balm to sate my appetite for this series.
*Spoilers for Season 2 ahead*
Despite having read the books and knowing all the secrets and plot twists that will come in the HBO series I am still eagerly anticipating tomorrow’s finale. I have an idea how they might end this season (pure speculation on my part, but I consider it a well educated guess) and if I’m right then viewers (who haven’t read the books) will be in for a big shock. At this point everyone’s fates are a little bit crazy, so let’s re-cap.
- Arya Stark escaped her captivity at Harrenhal (Along with Gendry and Hot Pie) thanks to help from the enigmatic Jaquen H’ghar.
- Jon Snow has been captured, along with the Half-hand, by wildlings. Bran, Rickon, Hodor, and Osha are hiding out in the crypts of Winterfell.
- Theon Greyjoy is being an idiot (who has also declared himself Prince of Winterfell).
- Bran, Rickon, Hodor, and Osha are hiding from Theon in the crypts of Winterfell.
- Robb Stark has confessed he doesn’t want to marry a Frey girl and is in love with another woman, whilst putting his mother Catelyn on house arrest for freeing Jaime Lannister.
- Jaime is being escorted by Brienne of Tarth (much to his chagrin) back to Kings Landing to be traded for Sansa (and Arya in theory).
- Sansa is still trapped in Kings Landing with the evil Lannisters after refusing the Hounds drunken offer to take her with him when he leaves during the battle of Blackwater.
- Cersei got extremely drunk during the siege and ranted about how she should’ve been born a man and almost committed suicide (if only) along with killing Tommen.
- Tyrion was gravely injured in the Battle of the Blackwater and nobody knows whether he’ll live or die.
- Joffery is still a spine-less mini-masochist… also still King (well one of them anyway).
- Stannis (another King) attacked Kings Landing and almost won until Tywin Lannister showed up with his army and the Tyrells.
- Dany’s dragons have been stolen and are being kept in the House of the Undying and the Mother of Dragons is not a happy camper.
Are you excited for the season finale? Any predictions? Is Tyrion dead or alive? Why didn’t Sansa go with the Hound? Will Dany get her Dragons back? Will Theon discover Bran and Rickon’s hiding place? Will someone ever kill Joffery?