After ten years, 44 boxes, and 46,391 entries later, the index cards used by Z. Z. Lydens to create the Story of Grand Rapids, published in 1966, are now online. This index can be used to find articles in early newspapers, such as the Evening Press and Evening Leader. Later, these papers became the Grand Rapids Press. This index covers roughly 1880s through 1956. Thank you to all the staff who participated in this mammoth project! It is a job well done!!
December 10, 2011 | Comments Off on The Lydens Index has been completed!
Search the website
- New and Future Movie Releases
- Final week of the Winter Reading Challenge
- Timely fiction — beyond 1984 and Brave New World
- Abolition! African American History at the Library
- New and Future Book Releases
View All Posts