After ten years, 44 boxes, and 46,391 entries later, the index cards used by Z. Z. Lydens to create the Story of Grand Rapids, published in 1966, are now online. This index can be used to find articles in early newspapers, such as the Evening Press and Evening Leader. Later, these papers became the Grand Rapids Press. This index covers roughly 1880s through 1956. Thank you to all the staff who participated in this mammoth project! It is a job well done!!
December 10, 2011 | Comments Off on The Lydens Index has been completed!
Search the website
- An Evening with Author W. Bruce Cameron
- All locations closed Monday, September 5, 2016
- Fall Pre-reading classes at the library!
- Notice: Board of Library Commissioners have scheduled a Special Meeting
- Did you finish your challenge?
View All Posts