Public Seminar in Thoughtful Reading
Grand Rapids Public Library’s Main Branch, 4th floor
7-9pm Thursday Evenings from September 26th to November 7th
A free public seminar will be meeting weekly at the library to read a few classic short stories to see if they can teach us anything about how to live a good life. Each meeting will rely on active discussion, so attendance and participation is very important. There will be copies of the stories available when we meet, and those who finish the seminar will receive a free copy of one of the books that we will be using: “The World’s Greatest Short Stories” (Dover Thrift Editions). Free food and refreshments will be available!
The objectives for the meetings:
• Understand the fundamental effects that storytelling has on human life
• Become more aware of the limitations of our perspectives and more
excited to develop ourselves beyond our limitations
• Stimulate our appetite for reading
• Nourish our ability to imagine and reflect
• Recall the importance of asking why
If you plan to attend or have any further questions, please email Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org.