“Normal or Nuts?” was my favorite feature of Reader’s Digest magazine. They would illustrate typical life situations and tell you what fell into the “normal” range. The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson is a bit along that line, in that Ronson suggests that what we think of as “normal” runs along a wide mental health continuum. The author, being a type of humor writer, has a light touch, even though, as one reviewer pointed out, psychopaths are not all that funny. So– what about these “anti-social behavior disorder” types? Armed with his psychopath checklist, from Bob Hare, creator of the PCL-R Test, Ronson turns up quite a bit of interesting stuff. Great Read! You’ll be saying: Ich bin ein Berliner!
Search the website
- An Evening with Veta Smith Tucker
- Screen Printing Extravaganza!
- An Evening with Author W. Bruce Cameron
- All locations closed Monday, September 5, 2016
- Fall Pre-reading classes at the library!
View All Posts