In Rememberance of Gettysburg

lincolnIn honor of the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863), the library rehung a plaque honoring Abraham Lincoln. The plaque was dedicated in 1935 by the Sons of Union Veterans and it was the first of its kind in Michigan. It hung in the Main Library near the Circulation Desk. A second plaque commemorating Lincoln hung in the Pantlind Hotel. The bronze plaque was removed during building renovations in 2000 and stored in the library’s archives. This summer we rehung the plaque in the Ryerson lobby to mark the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg. Stop by and see this beautiful piece.

Tags: ,

Comments are closed.