The Annual Hollyhock Lane Parade was held on Saturday, July 3. A touch of history was brought to the parade by the Grand Rapids Public Library and the Greater Grand Rapids Women’s History Council in honor of the 90th anniversary of passage of the Woman’s Suffrage Amendment. Staff members Bill Hill, Mary Davis, and Chris Byron, along with members and recruits from Women’s History Council, proudly marched with signs (thanks to our Amanda) and banners proclaiming VOTES FOR WOMEN. Women along the route cheered and one joker jeered, “It won’t work!” It was great fun participating in this historic Ottawa Hills neighborhood parade.
Search the website
- New and Future Movie Releases
- Final week of the Winter Reading Challenge
- Timely fiction — beyond 1984 and Brave New World
- Abolition! African American History at the Library
- New and Future Book Releases
View All Posts