The Annual Hollyhock Lane Parade was held on Saturday, July 3. A touch of history was brought to the parade by the Grand Rapids Public Library and the Greater Grand Rapids Women’s History Council in honor of the 90th anniversary of passage of the Woman’s Suffrage Amendment. Staff members Bill Hill, Mary Davis, and Chris Byron, along with members and recruits from Women’s History Council, proudly marched with signs (thanks to our Amanda) and banners proclaiming VOTES FOR WOMEN. Women along the route cheered and one joker jeered, “It won’t work!” It was great fun participating in this historic Ottawa Hills neighborhood parade.
Search the website
- An Evening with Author W. Bruce Cameron
- All locations closed Monday, September 5, 2016
- Fall Pre-reading classes at the library!
- Notice: Board of Library Commissioners have scheduled a Special Meeting
- Did you finish your challenge?
View All Posts