An antique clock that sat in Grand Rapids Herkner Jewelers downtown Grand Rapids store for more than century goes on the auction block in Boston Saturday, expected to fetch around $175,000 to $200,000. The eight-foot, seven-inch black walnut-encased Astronomical Regulator by E. Howard, of Boston, was part of the original furnishings when Herkner opened in 1867 on Monroe Center, according to an auction description posted online.
Leave a Reply
Search the website
- An Evening with Veta Smith Tucker
- Screen Printing Extravaganza!
- An Evening with Author W. Bruce Cameron
- All locations closed Monday, September 5, 2016
- Fall Pre-reading classes at the library!
View All Posts