The long wait is over, Season 3 of Downton Abbey is finally here! Unfortunately only one episode will be aired each week. As someone who watched season 1 and season 2 on DVD, having to wait a full seven days to find out what happens next will be difficult. Luckily, the library has plenty of books and DVDs to help pass the time until episode 2 airs.
For a refresher on the characters and plot of the TV show try:
- The World of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes
- The Chronicles of Downton Abbey by Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sturgis
Try these if you’d like to learn more about the people and places that inspired Downton Abbey:
- Upstairs & Downstairs : the Illustrated Guide to the Real World of Downton Abbey by Sarah Warwick.
- Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey : the Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle by the Countess of Carnarvon
- Below Stairs : the Classic Kitchen Maid’s Memoir that Inspired “Upstairs, downstairs” and “Downton Abbey” by Margaret Powell
You might like these family sagas with a great cast of characters:
- The House at Riverton : a Novel by Kate Morton
- Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Wild Rose by Jennifer Donnelly
- Ravenscar Dynasty by Barbara Taylor Bradford
More in the mood to watch than read? Try: