Join us on Tuesday, December 11 at 7 pm in the Ryerson Auditorium at the Main Library to hear D. E. Johnson, author of The Detroit Electric Scheme and Motor City Shakedown, discuss his new book, Detroit Breakdown. In this latest book, Will Anderson and Elizabeth Hume are called to the vast Eloise Insane Asylum outside of Detroit, where Elizabeth’s cousin is a patient, and now a murder suspect. Johnson will talk about Wayne County’s infamous Eloise Hospital, an insane asylum that once held 10,000 patients at a time, along with some of the historical curiosities he found while researching his latest book. Funding for this, and other Vander Veen Center for the Book programs, is provided by the Grand Rapids Public Library Foundation Vander Veen Center for the Book Fund.
Search the website
- An Evening with Author W. Bruce Cameron
- All locations closed Monday, September 5, 2016
- Fall Pre-reading classes at the library!
- Notice: Board of Library Commissioners have scheduled a Special Meeting
- Did you finish your challenge?
View All Posts