Want to Join Our Team?
We are looking for friendly people who can connect with our patrons, empower them with knowledge, and exceed their expectations. If you like libraries and feel like you could contribute to GRPL as a community organization, consider applying today.
GRPL is currently seeking applications for:
- Custodian (Part-time)
- Librarian I (Youth Services) (Full-time)
- Library Circulation Operations Supervisor (Full-time)
- Library Page (Part-time)
How to Apply
Grand Rapids Public Library is a department of the City of Grand Rapids.
When a job is available, we post it here, to our blog, and on the city’s jobs page.
GRPL accepts applications through an online system. Applying for any position is easy, just follow the links above to apply for positions that interest you.
You can also view the full list of jobs available at both the library and the city by visiting the City of Grand Rapids’ job opportunities page:
- After finding the position you are interested in on the list at the city’s job opportunities page, simply click on the position.
- The job description for that position will appear. Click on the green “APPLY” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- If you already have an account in system, simply log in. If not, you may create an account. Click on “create an account” and follow the steps to register your applicant profile with the system. You will need an email address to register with the system. If you do not have an email address, please register for an email address or visit any of our branches and we will assist you in signing up for one.
- After you have created an account, you will be able to apply for the position that interests you as well as quickly apply for any future openings at either the city or GRPL in the future.
If you experience any difficulties, please email or give us call at 616-988-5400.
Grand Rapids Public Library
GRPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. In compliance with federal law, Grand Rapids Public Library will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. We require Federal Form I-9, “Right to Work Verification” to be completed on date of hire. Employment offers require that an applicant pass a physical exam that includes a drug screen.