The Grand Rapids Public Library Foundation serves as our fundraising and advocacy arm.
The Grand Rapids Public Library Foundation supports the library by raising money and funding a wide range of purchases. Your gift will contribute to programs like GR Reads, the Summer Reading Program and Taste of Soul Sunday. Your gift will also provide funding for special projects like the rain garden at the Main Library. Your gift will even contribute to building our collections so that you will find what you’re looking for on our shelves.
We accept donations of gently used books, movies, and music.
Donated items that meet the guidelines below will be considered for our collection. If we do not need the items in our collection, we will pass them along to the Friends of the Library who sell used books in their shop on Level 3 of the Main Library. All proceeds benefit the Library directly.
Small donations may be brought to the desk at any GRPL location. Larger donations may be boxed and left on the Main Library’s loading off of Fountain Street. Fill out this donation receipt for your own files.
Donation Guidelines .
What We Accept
- Adult and children’s fiction and non-fiction books
- All types of book formats in like new or good condition
- AV material in good working order: books on CD, DVDs, music CDs
- Annually-updated books published within the last 3 years (examples: World Almanac or Fodor’s travel guides)
What We Do Not Accept
- Damaged or dirty items
- Advance Reading Copies of Professional Review Copies
- Out-of-date reference materials, textbooks, and popular travel books
- VHS or cassette tapes
- Non-factory manufactured items, such as home-made VHS tapes
- Readers Digest Condensed books